October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. During the month, the Digital Accessibility Working Group, which focuses on digital accessibility initiatives, will be sending out weekly messages to promote awareness.
Did you know?
Your course syllabus can set the tone of respect and inclusivity in your classroom.
Best practices for making an accessible, inclusive syllabus
- Provide a digital syllabus utilizing accessibility best practices
- Use sans serif fonts on a plain background
- Use headings, bulleted lists, and paragraph breaks to facilitate reading of large amounts of text
- Make instructions and expectations clear regarding activities and assignments
- Emphasize positive over punishing language
- Include App State’s Disability Resources Statement
What can you do?
Register for a workshop to learn more about making your course accessible to students with disabilities