There are several departments on campus who directly support the accessibility initiative for Appalachian. Feel free to contact any of these groups with questions or feedback about accessibility on campus.
Office of Disability Resources
The Office of Disability Resources (ODR) works diligently to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided equal access at Appalachian State University by assisting eligible students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities by determining and coordinating academic adjustments or workplace accommodations.
University Libraries provides access to materials and technology in pursuit of academic and personal pursuits of knowledge. University Libraries engages with the campus to promote information literacy, digital scholarship, and appreciation of a global perspective. University Libraries provides accessible technologies for in library use and checkout as well as assistance in accessing online and print content.
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Student Success
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Student Success is the university's comprehensive center dedicated to growing excellence in teaching and learning, leadership, and supporting faculty professional development and student success. The center provides workshops, courses, learning communities, and resources covering a variety of topics to support faculty at all career stages, including training and services for learning technology and classroom accessibility.
Appalachian State University Web Services is a team in University Communcations dedicated to maintaining and supporting central web services for the University. The Web Services team provides support and services for department website accessibility compliance.
Digital Accessibility Working Group
The Digital Accessibility Working Group was established in 2017 to help support and promote accessibility knowledge, resources, and adoption across campus.
- Heather Brandon, University Communications
- Dana Braswell, Electronic Student Services
- Ellen Burnete, Information Technology Services and Communications Liaison Representative
- Jeff Church, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Student Success
- Betsy Craft, University Bookstore
- Cody Michael Henderson, Student Affairs
- Daniel Jones, Information Technology Services
- Joey Jones, Athletics
- Amy Love, Belk Library & Information Commons (Vice Chair)
- Emory Maiden, Academic Technologies
- Matt Sauthoff, Office of Disability Resources (Chair)
- Lindsey Wilson, University Communications
- Killian Wustrow, Faculty Representative