There are several departments on campus who directly support the accessibility initiative for Appalachian. Feel free to contact any of these groups with questions or feedback about accessibility on campus.
Office of Disability Resources
The Office of Disability Resources (ODR) works diligently to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided equal access at Appalachian State University by assisting eligible students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities by determining and coordinating academic adjustments or workplace accommodations
University Libraries provides access to materials and technology in pursuit of academic and personal pursuits of knowledge. University Libraries engages with the campus to promote information literacy, digital scholarship, and appreciation of a global perspective. University Libraries provides accessible technologies for in library use and checkout as well as assistance in accessing online and print content.
The Center for Academic Excellence
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) is the university's lead teaching and learning resource for faculty, staff, and students. It was formed by combining the staff and resources from Learning Technology Services and Faculty and Academic Development into a single, comprehensive center dedicated to growing excellence in teaching and learning and supporting faculty and student success. CAE provides training and services for learning technology and classroom accessibility.
Appalachian State University Web Services is a group in Information Technology Services dedicated to maintaining and supporting central web services for the University. The Web Services team provides support and services for department website accessibility compliance.
Accessibility Working Group
The Accessibility Working Group was established in 2017 to help support and promote accessibility knowledge, resources, and adoption across campus.
- Heather Backus, Office of Disability Resources
- Heather Brandon, University Communications
- Jeff Church, Center for Academic Excellence
- Ted Eberhard, Electronic Student Services
- Jay Fenwick, Computer Science
- Lillian Nave, First Year Seminar
- Amy Love, Web Services
- Maranda Maxey, Office of Disability Resources
- Layne McDaniel, History
- Tom McDonnell, IT Support Services
- Michelle Melton, Center for Academic Excellence
- Mollie Peuler, Belk Library and Information Commons
- Tom Van Gilder, Center for Academic Excellence
- Pam Walker, University Bookstore